Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pack-Rat Arts and Crafts

Several years ago I got a subscription to Entertainment Weekly. When I moved out of my parents house I never bothered to change the address, so mom would just pile them up on my nightstand. Whenever I came home I'd throw the stack in a bag, thinking I'd get around to reading them. I never really did. Old habits really do die hard because I still let them pile up. Recently I was skimming through one from like, July (I mean, seriously--JULY? In the world of pop-culture and the internet, that is OLD. Like, I might as well be reading newspapers from 1923 on microfilm at the library.) and saw a review of mine and Luann's favorite guilty pleasure, Pretty Little Liars. Accompanying the review was a picture of Shay Mitchell, who plays Emily, who just so happens to be Luann's favorite. The picture was the perfect bookmark size, so I cut, glued it on a note card and adorned it.


I might have gotten a little overzealous with the glitter, (you can kind of see that the marker smeared a bit) but I wanted it to look like a collage that a teenager would make; covered in stickers and glitter and made with love on a boring afternoon.

The other side has a lyric from the theme song. The sticker in the right hand corner is a TV that says "TURN ME ON" underneath. (Totally unrelated, but for some reason that made me think of that Goldfrapp song "Oh La La." Probably because one of the lyrics is "turn me on.") Anyway, Luann seemed to like it, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment