Sunday, August 29, 2010

Late Night Rants

As sent to the Professor via facebook message:

So I'm just flipping through the channels, looking for something dumb to watch before bed and "On the Road with Austin and Santino" caught my eye. Background: Austin and Santino are fashion designers that where once on Project Runway and now have their own show where they go to different towns and make a lucky someone a dress or whatever. This week they are making a wedding dress for a woman that had to have a quickie wedding before her boyfriend got shipped to Iraq, so now they are "going to have the wedding they never got to have."

Now, I know I'm not a wedding person, and a wedding might really mean something to this couple, and that's great. It's wonderful they have the time and resources to have not one, but two weddings. Especially considering the men making this woman's wedding dress are gay and therefore don't have the option to get married once, let alone twice. They might not even care; for all I know Austin and Santino aren't wedding people either. But it's just really bugging me! She said, "I just never thought I'd get to have my dream wedding" when she's already MARRIED. Why isn't being married to the person you love enough? I just...ugh. Whatever. I don't even know why I let it get to me.

Not to mention that Austin and Santino look like her little gay fairy godmothers, making sure Cinderella gets to the heteronormative ball.

1 comment: